Terris, Pravlik & Millian, LLP has become a leader in the litigation of environmental issues on behalf of individuals, neighborhood groups, national environmental organizations and governments. Over the years, we have been successful in:
- requiring federal agencies to comply with the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- prohibiting public access to hazardous waste contaminated areas in a public park through enforcement of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- requiring clean up of sites that present an imminent and substantial endangerment to human health and/or the environment under RCRA
- stopping development of an oil refinery that would have impacted Roosevelt-Campobello International Park and the whale population in the St. Lawrence River
- stopping numerous companies from discharging pollutants into our waterways
- directing monies paid for environmental act violations to local environmental projects, such as the millions of dollars that have been given to the Environmental Endowment for New Jersey
- requiring facilities without environmental permits to obtain the required permits
- reversing the trend of barring citizens access to the federal courts through the concept of standing through our victory before the Supreme Court in Friends of the Earth v. Laidlaw Envtl. Services, Inc. (TOC), 528 U.S. 167 (2000).
Click Here to learn more about the environmental cases handled by our firm.
Terris, Pravlik & Millian, LLP is a public interest law firm that litigates cases for clients with matters involving Environmental Law, Civil Rights Law, and Employment Law.